Broulee Bay to Breakers Ocean Swim
The 10th annual ocean swim bringing together a community of people with the shared enjoyment of the ocean, participation and fitness.
Senior Ocean Swim
(Open, Age groups, All Age Flipper
& Multi-Class categories)
Junior Ocean Swim
U12 & U14 Age categories
A swim for everyone!
The Hotondo Homes Broulee Bay to Breakers Ocean Swim is a 1.4km open water swim from Shark Bay on Broulee Island out to the ocean and around the headland to the South Broulee (Bengello) Beach.
This true ocean swim is jointly organised and run by the volunteers of Broulee Surfers Surf Life Saving Club Lifesaving Club and the Broulee Mossy Point Community Association. Conditions can vary from a peacefully calm swim to south-eastery chop and swell making for challenging swim.
The event will be subject to Government and SLS NSW COVID 19 requirements. As the requirements are updated the website will be updated. If the event is cancelled the registration fee will be refunded.
Hotondo Homes Broulee Bay to Breakers Ocean Swim.
- Senior Distance: 1.4km
- Junior Distance: 500 metres
- Date: Sunday 7th March 2021 from 9:00am.
- Description: An ocean swim from Broulee Island out to the ocean and around to the Broulee Surf Beach.
- Objective of the Swim: A community of people with the shared enjoyment of the ocean, participation and fitness.
- Prizes: $300 cash for Open division, $100 cash for Senior divisions fastest swimmers, and prizes for places and Junior divisions.
- Wetsuits: Open Swimmers must use FINA approved swimwear.
To be eligible for the cash prizes in the Age Divisions, swimmers must wear FINA approved swimwear only.
Age division swimmers can opt to wear a wetsuit and remain eligible for any vouchers and gifts.
- Registration: Online Form and payment via direct debit or credit card.
- Senior Cost: $45 which includes Swim Cap and Souvenir Shirt.
- Junior Cost: $25.
- Additional Cost: $10 additional entry fee if participation required in both the open group and an age group.
- Entries Close: Entries are open up to and including late registrations on the morning of the swim.
Entries received and paid after Sunday 17 January 2021 cannot be guaranteed the full swim pack.
- Water Safety: Water Safety is provided by the Broulee Surfers SLSC and insurance by SLSA.
- Categories: Male and Female.
- Senior Age Divisions: Open, 13 to 15 (Under 16), 16 to 19 (Under 20), Over 20, Over 30, Over 40, Over 50, Over 60, Over 70, Over 80 & Multi-Class.
- Junior Age Divisions: Under 12 & Under 14
- All Age Flipper Swim (over 13 years) – For any swimmer who wants to wear flippers in this event.
- Date for Age Group: As at 7 March 2021.
- Juniors: Under 18 participants require their parent / guardian’s consent on the day of the swim.
- Fundraiser: Due to COVID 19 concerns the Broulee-Mossy Point Community Association is unable to assist in the 2021 Swim however funds from the profits of the event will be shared as a community event between the Broulee-Mossy Point Community Association and the Broulee Surfers Surf Life Saving Club
- Find us on Facebook
The 1.4km swim course starts at Shark Bay on Broulee Island swimming over the reef and behind the breakers before swimming to the finish line on the sands of South Broulee (Bengello) Beach.
Register online and payment via direct debit or credit card.
Senior entry: $45 which includes Swim Cap and Souvenir Shirt.
Junior entry: $25.
$300 cash for Open division,
$100 cash for Senior divisions fastest swimmers, and prizes for places and Junior divisions.
Junior Division – Under 12, Under 14.
Senior Division – Open, 13 to 15 (Under 16), 16 to 19 (Under 20), Over 20, Over 30, Over 40, Over 50, Over 60, Over 70, Over 80, Multi-Class and All Ages Flipper Swim.