Senior & Junior Event Information
may be subject to changes and / or additions as required
- Organisers: Broulee Surfers Surf Life Saving Club and the Broulee Mossy Point Community Association.
- Event: Broulee Bay to Breakers Ocean Swim.
- Senior Distance: 1.4km
- Junior Distance: 500 metres
- Date: Sunday 11th March 2018 from 9:00am.
- History: The seventh annual event.
- Description: An ocean swim from Broulee Island out to the ocean and around to the Broulee Surf Beach.
- Objective of the Swim: A community of people with the shared enjoyment of the ocean, participation and fitness.
- Prizes: $300 cash for Open division,
$100 cash for Senior divisions fastest swimmers,
and prizes for places and Junior divisions.
- Wetsuits: Open Swimmers must use FINA approved swimwear.
To be eligible for the cash
prizes in the Age Divisions, swimmers must wear FINA approved swimwear only.
swimmers can opt to wear a wetsuit and remain eligible for any vouchers and gifts.
- Registration: Online Form and payment via direct debit or by cheque.
- Senior Cost: $45 which includes Swim Cap, Souvenir Shirt, Drink Bottle and other goodies.
- Junior Cost: $20.
- Additional Cost: $10 additional entry fee if participation required in both the open group and an age group.
- Entries Close: Entries are open up to and including registrations on the morning of the swim.
Entries received and paid after 1st February 2018 cannot be guaranteed the full swim pack.
- Water Safety: Water Safety is provided by the Broulee Surfers SLSC and insurance by SLSA.
- Categories: Male and Female.
- Senior Age Divisions: Open, 13 to 15 (Under 16), 16 to 19 (Under 20), Over 20, Over 30, Over 40, Over 50, Over 60 & Over 70.
- Junior Age Divisions: Under 12 & Under 14
- All Age Flipper Swim (over 13 years) - For any swimmer who wants to wear flippers in this event.
- Date for Age Group: As at 11th March 2018.
- Juniors: Under 18 participants require their parent / guardian's consent on the day of the swim.
- Fundraiser: Joint fundraiser for the Broulee Surfers Surf Life Saving Club and the Broulee Mossy Point Community Association.