Broulee Bay to Breakers Ocean Swim
The 13th annual ocean swim brings together a community of people with the shared enjoyment of the ocean, participation and fitness.
Open, Age groups, All Age Flipper
& Multi-Class categories
Junior U12, U14 and Novices
Dash for Cash
New in 2024
200-300m surf swim.
Entry open to all 1.4km swim participants
A swim for everyone!
The Hotondo Homes Broulee Bay to Breakers Ocean Swim is a 1.4km ocean water swim from Shark Bay on Broulee Island out to the ocean and around the headland to the South Broulee (Bengello) Beach.
The 1.4km and 500m ocean swim events offer something for the young, novice, or well-seasoned veterans.
Conditions can vary from a peacefully calm swim to south-easterly chop and swell making for a challenging swim. If the conditions are judged to be risky the swim is moved to an alternative, safer site at the southern end of North Broulee beach.
If the event is cancelled the registration fee will be refunded.
Hotondo Homes Broulee Bay to Breakers Ocean Swim.
- 1.4km Ocean Swim, 500m Ocean Swim and a Dash for Cash (200+m)
- Date: Sunday 10th March 2024 from 9:00am.
- Description: An ocean swim from Shark Bay around the rock platform to Broulee Surf beach.
- Objective of the swim: A community of people with the shared enjoyment of the ocean, participation and fitness.
> Open division first place male and female $400, second $150 and third $100;
> Age categories first place male and female $100.
> The Dash for Cash male and female winners get a percentage of the entry fee for this event up to $400.
- Wetsuits: Open swimmers must wear FINA approved swim wear. To be eligible for prizes age division swimmers must wear FINA approved swim wear otherwise wetsuits are permitted.
- Registration: Online form and payment via direct debit or credit card.
- 1.4km Ocean Swim entry fee: $55.00 (Swim twice – Open and age category $65)
- 500m Ocean Swim entry fee: $25.00
- Dash for Cash entry fee: Additional $10, open to all 1.4km Ocean swim participants.
- Two Swim options: Total $65 (only two swims allowed).
> 1.4km Ocean Swim + Dash for Cash, or
> 2 x 1.4km Ocean Swims (Age + Open).
- Entries Close: Entries will close at 6pm Friday 1 March 2024.
- Late Entries: Close 12 noon, Friday 8 March. Additional $20 fee – no T-shirt.
- Water Safety: Water Safety is provided by the Broulee Surfers SLSC and insurance by SLSA.
- Categories: Male and Female
- 1.4km Ocean Swim categories: Open, 13 to 15 (Under 16), 16 to 19 (Under 20), Over 20, Over 30, Over 40, Over 50, Over 60, Over 70, Over 80 & Multi-Class and All Age Flipper.
- 500m Ocean Swim categories: Under 12, Under 14 and Novices. A novice swimmer is anyone over 14 that has never completed an ocean swim and would like to try.
- All Age Flipper Swim (over 13 years) – For any swimmer who wants to wear flippers in this event.
- Dash for Cash: This year for the first time there will be a fast swim event, the 200+m Dash for Cash, open to those who have competed in the 1.4km ocean swim. No flippers.
- Date for Age Group: As at 10 March 2024.
- Juniors: Under 18 participants require their parent / guardian’s consent on the day of the swim.
- For updates – Follow us on Facebook
The 1.4km swim course starts at Shark Bay on Broulee Island swimming over the reef and behind the breakers before swimming to the finish line on the sands of South Broulee (Bengello) Beach.
Register online and payment via direct debit or credit card.
1.4km Ocean Swim: $55 includes swim cap and souvenir t-shirt.
500m Ocean Swim Junior/Novice: $25
Two swims: $65 includes swim cap and souvenir t-shirt.
- 1.4km Ocean Swim + Dash for Cash
- 2 x 1.4km Ocean Swims
Late entry: $20 additional fee
- $400 cash for Open division winners; $150 second place; $100 third place.
- $100 cash for Age categories winners.
- Dash for Cash winners get a percentage of the entry fee for this event up to $400.
500m Ocean Swim – Under 12, Under 14 and Novices.
1.4km Ocean Swim – Open, 13 to 15 (Under 16), 16 to 19 (Under 20), Over 20, Over 30, Over 40, Over 50, Over 60, Over 70, Over 80, Multi-Class and All Ages Flipper Swim.
Dash for Cash – 200+m Open to all 1.4km Ocean swim participants. You’ve got to be in it to win it!