Hotondo Homes Broulee Bay to Breakers Ocean Swim
Sunday 12 March 2023, Broulee – NSW
A swim for everyone – a 500m Junior/Novice Ocean Swim and 1.4km Ocean Swim.
Broulee Bay to Breakers Ocean Swim
The 11th annual ocean swim bringing together a community of people with the shared enjoyment of the ocean, participation and fitness.
(Open, Age groups, All Age Flipper
& Multi-Class categories)
Junior U12, U14 age categories and Novices
A swim for everyone!
The Hotondo Homes Broulee Bay to Breakers Ocean Swim is a 1.4km ocean water swim from Shark Bay on Broulee Island out to the ocean and around the headland to the South Broulee (Bengello) Beach.
The 1.4km and 500m ocean swim events offer something for the young, the new-comers, or well-seasoned veterans.
This ocean swim is run by the volunteers of Broulee Surfers Surf Life Saving Club. Conditions can vary from a peacefully calm swim to south-easterly chop and swell making for a challenging swim. If the conditions are judged to be risky the swim is moved to an alternative, safer site.
The event will be subject to Government and SLS NSW COVID 19 requirements. As the requirements are updated the website will be updated. If the event is cancelled the registration fee will be refunded.
Hotondo Homes Broulee Bay to Breakers Ocean Swim.
- 1.4km Ocean Swim and 500m Ocean Swim
- Date: Sunday 12th March 2023 from 9:00am.
- Description: An ocean swim from Shark Bay around the rock platform to Broulee Surf beach.
- Objective of the swim: A community of people with the shared enjoyment of the ocean, participation and fitness.
- Prizes: Open division first place male and female $400, second $150 and third $100; Age division first place male and female $100..
- Wetsuits: Open swimmers must wear FINA approved swim wear. To be eligible for prizes age division swimmers must wear FINA approved swim wear otherwise wetsuits are permitted.
- Registration: Online form and payment via direct debit or credit card.
- 1.4km Ocean Swim entry fee: $50.00 (Swim twice – Open and age division $60)
- 500m Ocean Swim entry fee: $25.00
- Entries Close: Entries will close at 12pm Friday 3rd March 2023.
- Water Safety: Water Safety is provided by the Broulee Surfers SLSC and insurance by SLSA.
- Categories: Male and Female
- 1.4km Ocean Swim Divisions: Open, 13 to 15 (Under 16), 16 to 19 (Under 20), Over 20, Over 30, Over 40, Over 50, Over 60, Over 70, Over 80 & Multi-Class.
- 500m Ocean Swim Divisions: Under 12, Under 14 and Novices. A novice swimmer is anyone over 14 that has never completed an ocean swim and would like to try.
- All Age Flipper Swim (over 13 years) – For any swimmer who wants to wear flippers in this event.
- Date for Age Group: As at 12 March 2023.
- Juniors: Under 18 participants require their parent / guardian’s consent on the day of the swim.
- Find us on Facebook
The 1.4km swim course starts at Shark Bay on Broulee Island swimming over the reef and behind the breakers before swimming to the finish line on the sands of South Broulee (Bengello) Beach.
Register online and payment via direct debit or credit card.
Senior entry: $50 which includes swim cap and souvenir t-shirt.
Junior entry: $25.
$400 cash for Open division winners; $150 second place; $100 third place.
$100 cash for U16 to Over 80 division winners.
500 meter Ocean Swim – Under 12, Under 14 and Novices
1.4km Ocean Swim – Open, 13 to 15 (Under 16), 16 to 19 (Under 20), Over 20, Over 30, Over 40, Over 50, Over 60, Over 70, Over 80, Multi-Class and All Ages Flipper Swim.